Newtown: Open For Business
Learn more here
Live • Work • Grow
FAST TRACK PERMITTING:
Newtown is committed to providing a
reliable and friendly development process, including a Fast Track
Permitting Process for commercial and industrial developments. The town has
a project team led by senior elected, appointed and staff officials dedicated to
reviewing developer's formal proposals with the objective of reaching tentative
approval of the project within 45 working days.
BUSINESS INCENTIVE PROGRAM:
Newtown offers a competitive program of doing business. An
attractive Business Incentive Program has been adapted to improve your
Located in the
heartland of western Connecticut, Newtown offers diverse options for your
business, global or local in nature. Newtown has major advantages over other
towns and cities for several reasons:
- Transit options: interstate junctions with major state and federal highways,
freight and commuter rail service, bus and air transportation facilities,
including five major airports with national and international services.
- 28% of Connecticut’s work force is within 45 minutes of Newtown.
- Yale and four other universities are nearby and offer research
- Newtown has seven large medical centers nearby and has many local physicians
and other health care services.
- Recreational, sports and leisure activities are popular year-round with
residents. Newtown’s parks provide a variety of recreational activities. Our
lakes provide opportunities for boating and there are two local golf
- Cultural venues such as theatre, musical concerts, and art galleries are
abundant locally and regionally.
- There are several major banking facilities and numerous other financial
services conveniently located in and around Newtown.